Do you suddenly experience a shocking falling sensation while falling asleep? This phenomenon is well-known as the “hypnic jerk”, or a “sleep twitch”; and may sometimes be accompanied by a visual hallucination.– So what is it this weird phenomenon? And why does it happen very often to people?
– Keep on reading this article in order to learn more about this Phenomenon.
– Scientifically speaking, The “hypnic jerk” is an involuntary muscle spasm that happens while drifting off to sleep.
– However, we are going to tell you exactly what causes this “hypnic jerk” issue.
1- The Symptoms of Hypnic Jerk:
– Consuming a lot of caffeine during the day.
– Undergoing significant emotional stress or a break-up.
– Sleep deprivation.
– Taking depression and anxiety medication or pills.
2- The Solutions to Over-come this Issue:
– According to sleep experts, the hypnic jerk may be a sign of the eventual switch between the brain’s recticular activating system and the ventrolateral preoptic nucleus. That’s to say, the transition from an active state to a dormant state.
– To over-come this state you need:
– Playing Sports.
– Eating healthy food and more vegetables.
– Don’t drink coffee too much during the day and especially before sleeping.
– Don’t give up on your sleep hours no matter what in order not to suffer later on (7 to 8 hours of sleep daily).
The Final Result:
– Don’t you worry it’s a normal and natural phenomenon that very often happens to people.
– Thus, following the natural solutions that we have just provided you with, now you are aware how to treat this issue by yourself at home.
– There is nothing to be worried about, all you have to do is just to balance your lifestyle, that is all.
Remember to share these important tips with your friends and family.