Nowadays, many people are following potato diet. But, are potatoes really healthy for you?
– Should you eat more or less of them? Keep reading this article to find the answer you have been looking for.
– Potatoes are rich in carbs and fiber, as well as vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium and manganese.
– Thus, no one can deny the fact that potatoes offer plenty of health benefits, including improving blood sugar control and the digestive system.
– Some people, however, claim that they are not that healthy and we should avoid eating them.
1- Benefits of Potatoes:
– Potatoes contain high levels of simple carbohydrates.
– This may not be beneficial for people with diabetes or obesity, when eaten in excess, however for normal people eating this kind of vegetable is totally healthy.
– You can also boil it: in case you want to make a puree or you can just have some mashed potatoes.
2- In cooking:
– You can cut it into some small thin pieces and make some Chips.
– Or you can cut it into some fine tall pieces and make some French fries.
– However, processed potato products are high in acrylamides, fat and sodium.
– Acrylamide, for example, has neurotoxic properties, and it has been linked to the development of several Cancers. So you Must Avoid it!
3- More Information:
– Potato stems, branches, and leaves are somehow toxic.
– They contain Alkaloids such as arsenic, chaconine and solanine.
– According to the NIH, solanine is “very toxic even in small amounts.”
– Like all foods, you should not only eat potatoes in moderation, but you have to pay attention how you eat them as well.
The Final Result:
– We Must always pay extra attention to the products that we consume regularly.
– Balancing your way of eating vegetables is always the right choice to make.
– Don’t take anything for guaranteed and always try to consume potatoes in moderation.
– Don’t hesitate to share this useful and important informations with your family and friends.